COUNTY OF MORRIS
NOTICE OF RE-BID
LEASE AND DEVELOPMENT OF WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS FACILITY
By virtue of Ordinance No. 06-15 adopted by the Township Committee of Harding Township Committee on December 14, 2015, Harding Township shall offer to the highest bidder by submission of sealed proposals the following property for lease for development and placement of a wireless communications facility: A portion of the real property known as Block 17, Lot 1, located at 8 Millbrook Road, Harding Township, New Jersey.
As authorized by Resolution No. 15-156 adopted by the Township Committee on December 14, 2015, which authorized advertisement of bid for Lease and Development of Wireless Communications Facility for receipt on February 24, 2016, and whereas no bids were received, the Township Committee re-authorized at the September 12, 2016 meeting the re-bid of the proposed project, with receipt of bids to be advertised for November 22, 2016 @ 11:00AM, at the main meeting room of the Municipal Building, 21 Blue Mill Road, New Vernon, New Jersey.
Bids may be submitted only on the forms provided and in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in the OFFICIAL BID PACKAGE. The OFFICIAL BID PACKAGE may be obtained online or at the office of the Municipal Clerk of the Township of 21 Blue Mill Road, Harding Township, New Jersey.
This OFFICIAL BID PACKAGE sets forth all information, terms, and conditions, and the forms necessary for completion of the BID RESPONSE. Bids must be enclosed in sealed envelopes bearing the name and address of the bidder on the outside and also bearing on the outside reference to the particular work bid upon. Said bids shall be addressed to: Gail McKane, Municipal Clerk
Bids are being solicited pursuant to the local public contracting provisions of New Jersey’s Local Lands and Buildings Law as set forth in N.J.S.A. 40A:12-14 and shall be subject to the following conditions.
(a) Sealed bids shall be received by the Township Clerk on November 22, 2016, in the main meeting room of the Municipal Building, 21 Blue Mill Road, New Vernon, New Jersey, no later than 11:00 a.m.
(b) All bids shall be referred to the Township Committee for review and final approval pursuant to N.J.S.A. 12-14. The Township of Harding reserves the right to accept the highest bid or to reject any and all bids, including the highest bid, and shall make its decision known by resolution after bids are received and considered by the Township Committee for final review and approval.
(c) Upon receipt of all sealed bids, the highest qualified bidder, as designated by the Township, shall immediately execute a lease agreement, which shall include such terms and conditions required by the Township, as well as incorporate by reference the terms and conditions specified herein, including 100% cash payment. Said offer shall be irrevocable until such time as the Township Committee has accepted the highest qualified bid and has also accepted and agreed to execute the lease agreement referenced herein. The form of lease is not negotiable.
(d) After receipt of all bids, the Township of Harding reserves the right to reject all bids where the highest bid is not accepted or to reject all bids.
(e) Bids shall be received for the property subject to the following condition:
1) The property will be leased “As is”,
2) The height of the monopole style cell/communication tower is not to exceed 140 feet above ground level.
3) The successful bidder shall be required to obtain final site plan approval for the installation of the communication facility and tower from the Township’s Board of Adjustment, including a use variance if required,
4) A minimum base rental for the lease is hereby established at $2,500.00 per month or $30,000.00 annually, plus an annual 2% increase to be included in the final lease agreement, and,
5) A minimum rental for each co-location lease is hereby established at 30% of the base rent, and
6) A minimum site development fee of $30,000.00 payable to the Township by the successful bidder to cover Township costs associated with incidental changes/improvements that Township will be required to make as a consequence of the communications tower being placed on the Township property; rental for each co-location lease is hereby established at 30% of the base rent, and
7) The initial lease term, including optional extensions, shall be up to 20 years.
The bids shall be received, opened and read aloud in public at 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday, November 22, 2016, at the Municipal Building of the Township of Harding, 21 Blue Mill Road, Harding Township, New Jersey 08976.
After receipt of proposals, the Township Committee of Harding Township shall consider the proposals and may elect upon consideration to accept the highest proposal or to reject all bids where the highest bid is not accepted. Such acceptance or rejection shall be made by the Township Committee not later than the second regular meeting of the Township Committee following the deadline for submission of sealed proposals.
Bidders must comply with the requirements of New Jersey P.L. 1975, c. 127, and P.L. 2004, c. 57; N.J.S.A. 10:5-31 et seq., N.J.A.C. 17:27 (Affirmative Action) and American’s With Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 USC 12101 et seq.).
Gail McKane, Municipal Clerk/Administrator
THE TOWNSHIP OF HARDING