The Atlantic hurricane season runs from June 1 to November 30, with the peak activity during September through November.
Residents can take the following steps in preparation for hurricane season or when a storm is approaching:
- Test emergency and back-up equipment.
- Verify contact information for police, fire and first aid. If you are disabled or dependent on either natural gas or electricity, contact your utility company and have them place you on the essential services list.
- Sign up for emergency notifications for Harding Township with Smart 911 by clicking here
- Ready.gov is the national resource depository for information on disasters and emergencies https://www.ready.gov/
- Prepare a "Go Bag" have it in an easily accessible location with essentials, in preparation of being out of your home for at least 14 days.