NJDCA Rental Assistance Enrollment Period
The COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program (CVERAP)
For complete details and information please visit: https://www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/dhcr/offices/cverap.html
Applicants may be eligible for a maximum of up to six months of emergency rental assistance. CVERAP Pre-applications will only be accepted online.
The Enrollment Period is Monday, July 6, 2020, at 9:00 am until Friday, July 10, 2020, at 5:00 pm
All participants will be reviewed at the three-month interval to see if they are still in need of assistance. Persons applying must meet all applicable CVERAP income and eligibility requirements. You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to apply or be an emancipated minor. Only one (1) pre-application per household will be accepted. All participants will be selected through an online lottery process.
Anyone selected for the program must meet the following requirements:
· Have a gross, annual household income that is at or below the maximum income limits for the county where they are residing
· Be a New Jersey resident and rent a unit in New Jersey
· Rent must be current as of March 2020; this program will not assist with arrears
· Have a substantial reduction in income or are currently receiving unemployment due to the COVID-19 pandemic
· Have a lack of assets and savings to pay rent
· Will pay a minimum of 30 percent of their income towards the rent
· Anyone currently receiving a subsidy from another rental assistance program or living in Public Housing is ineligible
For more information, dial 609-292-4080 or 551-249-2687. You can also visit : https://www.nj.gov/dca/vouchers.html , which includes information on the Maximum Income Limits and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for this Program.