JCP&L Storm Update
During significant storm events JCP&L secures any known hazards (downed wires for example) first – usually by sending out Hazard Responders to keep the area clear. They are not trained to make repairs. They are there to help keep the public safe until repairs can be made.
When major storms occur, JCP&L works to restore customers as follows:
· Priority is given to hospitals, police and fire departments and other critical facilities.
· First repairs are made to transmission lines and substations that supply power to the local system.
· Next we make repairs that restore the largest number of customers-this is the fastest way to restore all customers.
· JCP&L understands that customers with well water face additional challenges when power is out. Stock up on drinking water and fill bathtubs in advance of storms.
· If necessary, information about locations for free water and ice will be provided.
(See attached file: JCPL Storm Update - Hazard Responders - Restoration Priorities 8 07 2020.pdf)