Governor Murphy announcing an expansion to the State's COVID-19 vaccination program as summarized below.
Beginning Monday 3/15 - the following categories are eligible for vaccination
- Educators, including support staff, in pre-K through 12th grade settings
- Childcare workers in licensed and registered settings
- Public and local transportation workers, including bus, taxi, rideshare, and airport employees; NJ TRANSIT workers; and Motor Vehicle Commission staff
- Public safety workers who are not sworn law enforcement or fire professionals, including probation officers and fire safety inspectors
- Migrant farm workers
- Members of tribal communities
- Individuals experiencing homelessness and those living in shelters, including domestic violence shelters
Beginning Monday 3/29 - the following categories are eligible for vaccination
- Food production, agriculture, and food distribution
- Eldercare and support
- Warehousing and logistics
- Social services support staff
- Elections personnel
- Medical supply chain;
- Postal and shipping services
- Judicial system
Please keep in mind that the vaccine supply is still limited and that additional guidance concerning all of the above is forthcoming from the Administration.
Additionally, the eligibility list will indicate that all individuals ages 16-64 with certain medical conditions, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), that increase the risk or might increase the risk of severe illness from the virus, are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccination.
For more information about eligibility, statewide vaccination site locations, and to preregister for a vaccination, visit https://covid19.nj.gov/vaccine
For more information on CDC criteria for eligibility, please click here.