Winter Storm Juno is expected to significantly affect Harding Township and surrounding areas with it picking up in intensity later this afternoon and lasting until at least Tuesday afternoon. Please refrain from driving on Township roads, unless absolutely necessary, until the storm has ended.
To assist with rapid and efficient snow removal, please remove cars from the street; and please remind your snow removal contractor that snow from your driveway is not to be pushed into the street.
HAZARD TYPES... HEAVY SNOW WITH BLOWING AND DRIFTING.
- SNOW ACCUMULATIONS... 12 TO 16 inches.
- TIMING... Light snow will affect the morning commute. Snow will become heavy at times late this afternoon through Tuesday morning when snowfall rates of a couple of inches per hour can occur at times... then taper off during Tuesday afternoon.
- IMPACTS... Some impact on the Monday morning commute... then significant and widespread impacts thereafter. Areas of blowing and drifting snow will add to the hazardous conditions.
- WINDS... North 10 TO 20 MPH with gusts up to 35 MPH.
- TEMPERATURES... in the upper 20s.
- VISIBILITY... One quarter mile or less at times.
- PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
- A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW IS EXPECTED... AND STRONG WINDS ARE POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE AT TIMES.