HOURS: 7:00am - 3:00pm - Monday through Friday
The Department of Public Works consisting of seven full-time employees is responsible for the maintenance of all Township- owned vehicles, roads, parks, buildings, and the Township's Recycling center.
Department of Public Works:
- Maintains all municipally- owned vehicles and equipment, providing repairs and preventative maintenance to all Administrative, Police, and DPW vehicles and equipment.
- Maintains all municipal roads, including ice and snow control, asphalt milling and paving, basin and culvert repairs and cleaning, street light and street sign repairs and maintenance.
- Operates and maintains the Harding Recycling Center, located at 8 Millbrook Road. including hauling all recycled materials brought to the center.
- Janitorial services to the Municipal and DPW buildings. DPW also provides inspection and basic repairs to building equipment and structures.
- Maintain the parks and grounds of all municipally- owned properties including structure repairs, lawn and tree maintenance, and amenities repairs.
Please refer all calls and inquiries concerning municipal roads, stormwater management and Clean Communities to the Superintendent of Public Works: Tracy Toribio
DPW - Full Time Position Available:
The DPW Superintendent is accepting applications for a full-time position at the Department of Public Works (DPW). Applicants must hold a valid NJ CDL Driver's License, minimum Class B with air brake endorsement. Experience with heavy equipment, dump trucks, and road work preferred. Candidates will be required to work after hours during emergencies. Salary depends on qualifications. Interested applicants MUST complete a Township employment application, available in the DPW Superintendent's office, 8 Millbrook Road, New Vernon, NJ 07976, or on the Township's website, www.hardingnj.org under "FORMS." Mail or deliver application to Tracy Toribio, DPW Superintendent at the address listed above. No faxes/emails/calls. ADA/EOE
Tracy Toribio - email@example.com
Phone: (973) 267-2448
Phone: (973) 267-2448
James Miller, Jeffrey Philhower, Adam Hettenbach, Justin Buller, Joe Bonin